1. Click on Create Group on the left menu in Mendeley and Name your group.
2. Right click on the group's name and select Manage Group.
3. Click on Invite Members and enter the email address(es) of the group member(s)
The invitee does not have to have a Mendeley library to receive an invitation but they will be prompted to create an account.
When someone invites you to join a Mendeley group, you receive an email notification.
2. Login (if you do not already have an account on Mendeley Web, you will need to create one).
3. You will then see a list of groups you have been invited to (if more than one).
Click on Accept or Decline.
Not Recommended using cloud-based systems (e.g. Google Drive, DropBox) to share documents with Mendeley references. It is possible to do, but there are instances where the Mendeley coding can be lost.
Mendeley is not compatible with Google Docs.
It is safe to use Track Changes in Microsoft Word documents with Mendeley references.
Credit to University of Otago