1. Click on Create Group on the left menu in Mendeley and Name your group.
2. Click on Create Group in the bottom right corner.
3. Enter the email address(es) of the group member(s) separated by a semicolon.
4. Click Send invites or Skip to invite members later.
The invitee does not have to have a Mendeley library to receive an invitation but they will be prompted to create an account.
You can manage your groups, edit details, invite new members, and see the group’s activity history from the Mendeley Groups page.
When someone invites you to join a Mendeley group, you receive an email notification.
2. Login (if you do not already have an account on Mendeley Web, you will need to create one).
3. You will then see a list of groups you have been invited to (if more than one).
Click on Accept or Decline.
Not Recommended using cloud-based systems (e.g. Google Drive, DropBox) to share documents with Mendeley references. It is possible to do, but there are instances where the Mendeley coding can be lost.
Mendeley is not compatible with Google Docs.
It is safe to use Track Changes in Microsoft Word documents with Mendeley references.
Credit to University of Otago