Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Manually Add References
I. Manually Add References
- From the EndNote toolbar, click on the + icon
- The New Reference window will open
- In New Reference, go to Reference Type and from the drop down menu select the reference type you want to enter (e.g. Book, Journal Article, Interview, etc.)
- Enter information in appropriate fields (e.g. Author, Title, Year, Journal, etc.)
- Click the X on the upper right corner of the New Reference window, to close the window
- Select Save to save your reference.
II. Put References in a Group
- Go to the Unfiled group
- Select one or more references
- Drag and drop these references into a Group