Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search Directly from within EndNoteX7
Many library catalogs and databases such as the Library of Congress, PubMed and Web of Science can be searched using Online Search within EndNoteX7.
- Select the Online Search Mode icon OR go to Tools and click on Online Search
- In the Group panel select the database you want to search e.g. PubMed
- Click on Choose
- Type your search terms in the search boxes
- A pop-up window will open with the number of search results
- Define the number of results to display
- Click OK to display your search results
- Highlight and select the search results you want to export into your library
- Right click on the selected results
- Select Add Reference To to move references to one of your folders
Searching PubMed through EndNote
MD Anderson Cancer Center - University of Texas