Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EndNote allows you to create multiple libraries. However, it is strongly recommended that you
- Create ONE LIBRARY
- Arrange references into GROUPS
Get EndNote Client
You may download EndNote Client from
Should you encounter any problem with the installation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Create Your EndNote Library?
I. Install EndNote
... Go to the University Libraries webpage>> Scroll to Research Help and Tools>> Click on EndNote Client
II. Create your EndNote Library
- Open EndNote
- From the File menu, select the New commend
- In the New Reference Library menu box
- Go to File name and type the name of your library
- Go to Save as type and make sure to read: EndNote Library.(*enl)
- Click the Save button to save your library. Your Library will open with no references.
- When you create an EndNote Library, two files are created:
1. The .enl file (e.g. My EndNote Library.enl)
2. The .data file (e.g. My EndNote Library.data) which will have the same name and will stores all your PDFs.
- If you want to save a backup copy or email a copy of your EndNote Library, please make sure to copy both files.
N. B. Making backups is necessary and can be done easily: go to the File menu and select Save a Copy.
III. Create Another New Library
- From the File menu, select New
- Name your library then click on Save
N. B. We recommend that you create only ONE EndNote Library. This will help you to avoid many difficulties.