I. Install EndNote
... Go to the University Libraries webpage>> Scroll to Research Help and Tools>> Click on EndNote Client
II. Create your EndNote Library
- Open EndNote
- From the File menu, select the New commend
- In the New Reference Library menu box
- Go to File name and type the name of your library
- Go to Save as type and make sure to read: EndNote Library.(*enl)
- Click the Save button to save your library. Your Library will open with no references.
- When you create an EndNote Library, two files are created:
1. The .enl file (e.g. My EndNote Library.enl)
2. The .data file (e.g. My EndNote Library.data) which will have the same name and will stores all your PDFs.
- If you want to save a backup copy or email a copy of your EndNote Library, please make sure to copy both files.
N. B. Making backups is necessary and can be done easily: go to the File menu and select Save a Copy.
III. Create Another New Library
- From the File menu, select New
- Name your library then click on Save
N. B. We recommend that you create only ONE EndNote Library. This will help you to avoid many difficulties.