Which Style to Use
Styles commonly used at AUB are MLA, APA and Turabian. If you are not sure which citation style you should use, ask your instructor.
Research & Documentation Online by Diana Hacker describes commonly used systems of documentation:
- MLA, used in English and the humanities;
- APA, used in psychology and the social sciences;
- Chicago, used in history and some humanities; and
- CSE, used in biology and other sciences.
Citation Management Tools
|RefWorks is a web-based citation management tool.
- Create your own database of citations of books, articles, and other items you wish to use in your research.
- Export citations directly from article databases, from book catalogs, and from the Web.
- Keep up Format your citations and bibliography according to your chosen citation style.
- Generate in-text citations and bibliography for your paper easily and quickly
|EndNote Web comes as part of the Thompson ISI Web of Knowledge database subscription.|
Quickly and easily collect reference information from a wide variety of online data.
Store up to 10,000 references in your own password-protected library, accessible anywhere that you have internet access.
Cite While You Write in Microsoft Word to insert references and format papers instantly.
Share references with other EndNote Web users to simplify collaboration.
- Quickly and easily collect reference information from a wide variety of online databases.
- Help & Store references in your own password protected library, accessible anywhere
that you have internet access.
- Share references with other EndNoteWeb users.
- Cite While You Write in Microsoft Word to insert references and format papers instantly.